Maybe you’re looking for an easier way to manage your company’s travel expenses. Admitting that your existing system isn’t working for you is the first step! Once you’ve received the green light to invest in a new solution, it’s time to explore the marketplace for the perfect fit. Making a technology decision takes time, and adopting new business practices isn’t as simple as flipping a switch. So where can you begin?
Ask These Questions Before Jumping InYou have a lot riding on your new accounting solution: you need it to help control your costs, enforce your travel policy, streamline your administrative processes, better serve your internal customers—and more. Set yourself up for success by asking questions that are most relevant to today’s B2B software buyers:
- Does the solution provide anytime, anywhere access?
- How user-friendly is the interface?
- What’s the functionality of mobile platform? Business travelers—and the administrators back at the office—rely on their mobile devices to stay productive. When assessing expense management solutions, you’ll find that the leading providers offer powerful mobile capabilities like digital receipt management. And make sure the mobile app works on various platforms including iOS, Android, Blackberry 10, and Windows Phone.
- Does it fit our unique needs?
- Are a range of configurations available? Most software doesn’t meet every customer’s needs straight out-of-the-box. That said, not every expense management solution provider is able to provide the range of integration configurations you may need to work effectively. Make sure you find a partner committed to meeting your feature requests with a team that’s responsive to your unique needs. They should be ready and willing to turn features on/off as well as configure software components to they work within your specifications.
- Will the solution integrate well with our existing systems?
- What resources are required for implementation?
- What about scheduled downtime?
- What type of user support does the solution offer? Finally, find out how much support and training is offered by service providers to end users and administrators—and how much of it is offered free of charge? It’s vital that your team knows how to make the most of their travel expense management solution, and you need the peace of mind that any issues will be addressed quickly. Be sure your selected vendor gives you the level of support you need to maintain your operations.
You need to be sure your solution works for your admin staff, managers, and employees—while working within your budget and the bandwidth of your internal IT department. So take enough time to assess all of your alternatives and ask the right questions. When it comes down to making a decision—and then using your solution—you’ll be glad you did.Back to Blog