Remember the “good ol’ days” of manual processes? The timecard punch clocks. The little piles of T&E receipts that had to be stapled together and photocopied prior to processing. Running around the office reminding employees to submit their timesheets or expense reports. Weren’t those the days?
Truth be told, these memories remind us why we’re so grateful automation has taken over where manual tasks left off. But if these memories are actually not so distant, it’s worth taking a look at how manual processing might actually be holding your workforce back and how the alternative—a cloud-based automated system—can help your workforce work smarter, not harder.
The Costs of Having a Manual WorkflowTraditional timesheet and expense tracking systems rely on manual tasks that can frustrate and even overwhelm employees and administrators. These include “offline” tasks like searching through stacks of paper (including sticky notes and crumpled receipts) and physically routing documents through the approvals chain. In addition, “online” tasks include calculating overtime or foreign currency, sending follow-up e-mails, and cross-referencing/rekeying entries between different systems. It’s a time-consuming, not to mention error-prone, way to work:
- Important paper documents can get lost;
- Details related to hours worked and money spent can be easily missed (or forgotten);
- It takes longer for employees to get paid or reimbursed;
- Correcting mistakes requires extra time and money.
Cloud-Based Expense Software Delivers the Freedom of AutomationYour workforce can reclaim much of their time and energy by leveraging cloud-based timesheet and expense reporting solutions. Web-hosted software enables users to access their productivity tools from any connected computer or device, around-the-clock. And they’re freed from the hassles of:
- Chasing Paper – Thanks to the digitization of data, timesheets and expense reports can be created, approved and processed through a web interface or mobile app. Workflow doesn’t have to stop on someone’s desk—or for that matter, in their wallet or file cabinet.
- Maintaining Hardware or Software – SaaS vendors handle all of the technology-related details: the servers, databases and upgrades as well as user training and support. Administration is easy—from implementation through daily processing.
- Making (Lots of) Entries – Highly configurable cloud-based solutions integrate with most of your financial management and accounting applications including travel management and payroll systems, corporate credit card feeds and direct deposit systems. That means when administrators and employees enter data, it syncs across all systems.
Welcome to the CloudIf your workforce is managing timesheet and T&E paperwork using punch-clocks, dog-eared receipts and fancy footwork, it might be time to consider letting go of the old-fashioned manual processes. The solutions on Nexonia’s SaaS platform including Nexonia Timesheets and Nexonia Expenses can help your organization automate your manual timesheet and expense reporting processes.
Learn more!Automated Expense Report Processing Soothes Pain Points for Business Travelers and AP Administrators
- expense management
- expense reports
- expenses app
- mobile app
- mobile integration