If your New Year’s Resolution is to take expense management to the next level, it makes perfect sense to consider a cloud-based solution. Sure, you can purchase and install new hardware and software and engage your IT team elbow-deep in deploying a traditional in-house system, but when “plugging-in” to web-hosted software is so easy, why not give it a try? Here are 5 reasons the cloud might be the best place to manage your expense reports:
1) You’ll get up and running quicklyWhen subscribing to a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, there’s nothing to install or maintain on your internal servers. Users simply connect to the Internet to access a shared web-based infrastructure, hosted by your expense management service provider. This means a fast implementation, comprised of configuring a handful of settings to meet your company’s needs, and training users so that your administrators and travelers can get to work. Plus, since your SaaS vendor handles all system administration behind-the-scenes, everyone can keep working without surprises and with virtually no unscheduled downtime (maybe five minutes, tops!).
2) Works the way you work, only betterThanks to flexible APIs enabling highly configurable (and seamless) integrations, cloud-based solutions put everything in one place. Your team will have full web services integration with your other cloud financial management and accounting applications, ERP systems, travel management systems, payroll systems and other pieces that enhance your expense program, such as Google maps, corporate credit card feeds and direct deposit systems. With a process this synced and automated, you’ll be amazed at how much time you’ll save without many of the manual tasks you used to perform, like making multiple entries.
3) It’s always available with anytime, anywhere accessibilityCloud-based systems run 24/7, and since they’re web-based, road warriors can access their tools and reports from their hotel room, car or customer site. And if they’re working offline (e.g. mid-flight), their updates will sync with he SaaS servers once they’re re-connected to the Internet. Even administrators can take advantage of on-demand availability to stay productive when they work from home, or are otherwise on the go.
4) You’ll be ready to mobilizeThat’s right—all of this on-the-go functionality is made possible through mobile apps that make your expense management software available at your fingertips. Cloud-based services “live” on the Internet, so any web-enabled device becomes a productivity tool. Consider the process bottlenecks you’ll eliminate (stacks of paper expense reports sitting on desks waiting to be signed, for one) when everyone in the approvals chain can keep the process moving along using the devices they carry in their pockets around the clock.
5) It keeps getting better.As we’ve said, your expense management SaaS vendor is in charge of the system’s technology, keeping everything up and running, up-to-date and offering the latest and greatest. Their commitment to the continuous improvement of their software results in frequent enhancements to existing features, and the introduction of brand new features. A good SaaS provider knows what customers want and need and their development teams are in constant pursuit of delivering a comfortable and successful user experience.
Nexonia Expenses: A Mature, Agile, SaaS PlatformOur goal is to make Nexonia Expenses and its mobile app everything that you need a cloud-based expense management solution to be: reliable, functional, easy-to-use, and always improving. Is our SaaS solution a good fit for your organization? Let’s see if we can help you get 2016 off to a great start.
- automated reporting
- better expense reports
- business expense management
- cloud based solutions
- cloud computing
- expense reports
- mobile app
- mobile expenses